NARESA is supporting implementation of PMTCT in government facilities distributed over 12 Districts. Currently we are receiving PMTCT reports from 12 Districts. The technical support includes strategic planning, training, support for implementation, supervision, monitoring and evaluation and resource mobilization to stop gap outages of essential components and facilitation of peer support groups in the past year. Through this process NARESA has participated in development of standard packages to support public health approach to roll-out of PMCT including;
1. Peer-driven inter-District planning and review for PMCT
2. Training strategy to support rapid roll-out of services to many sites at the same time.
3. Standard approach to routine offer of PMCT services to ensure high client coverage.
4. Integration of PMCT into antenatal clinics, maternity and postnatal clinics.
5. Integration of early infant diagnosis, OI prophylaxis and support for infant feeding.
NARESA regularly engages in operational research to evaluate new innovative approaches to service delivery - for example, we have evaluated implementation of opt-in opt-out testing in the ANC, routine diagnostic testing for children among others. The results of these studies are used to optimize program implementation.
Copyright © 2009 Naresa.org.
All Rights Reserved.
Joomla Template von Mass & Pfeffer, Web- und Grafikfreelancer.